European funds are designed to support businesses, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations in the development of new technologies, products, and services. The European Union offers a wide range of funding programs for innovation projects.
European funding programs for innovation projects can be classified into two main categories:
- Research and innovation programs: These programs are designed to support research and development projects in key areas for the European Union, such as health, energy, the environment, and technology.
- Business support programs: These programs are designed to support the development of innovative businesses, from early stages to international expansion.
Among the most prominent European funding programs for innovation projects are:
- Horizon Europe: Horizon Europe is the European Union’s research and innovation program for the period 2021-2027. Its objective is to address global challenges and foster transnational cooperation to drive innovation in Europe. If you are looking for funding for cutting-edge research projects, Horizon Europe is an excellent opportunity.
- H2020: H2020 was the European Union’s research and innovation program for the period 2014-2020. It had a budget of €80 billion and funded over 24,000 projects in all areas of research and innovation. Although H2020 is no longer accepting proposals, it is still a valuable resource for understanding trends in innovation.
- Cascade Funding: Cascade funding is a form of public funding that allows start-ups and SMEs to access European funds more quickly.
- Interreg: Interreg promotes cross-border cooperation in Europe. This program funds projects that address common challenges in border areas, improving integration and collaboration between regions of the European Union.
- LIFE: LIFE is a program that focuses on environmental protection and climate action. If your project aims to contribute to sustainable development and the conservation of nature, LIFE offers funding opportunities.
- Erasmus+: Erasmus+ is known for its support of education, training, youth, and sport. If your project is related to student mobility, skills development, or the promotion of European culture, Erasmus+ could be a source of funding.
- Digital Europe: Digital Europe focuses on driving digital transformation in the European Union. It funds projects related to digital technology, artificial intelligence, and cybersecurity.
- CEF: CEF is a European Union funding program that aims to support investment in key European infrastructure.
More than 16,000 calls for innovation projects:
European funding programs for innovation projects offer a wide range of opportunities for innovative businesses. In Kaila’s database, you can find more than 16,000 calls for proposals published in recent years.
How to find the European funds that best suits your project:
Kaila offers a search tool that allows businesses to easily find the call that best suits their project. The tool allows you to search by keywords, areas of interest, and type of call.
European funding programs for innovation projects offer a unique opportunity for innovative businesses to develop their projects and achieve success. Kaila is a useful tool for finding the call that best suits your project.
If you are considering applying for European funding for your innovation project, we recommend that you follow the following tips:
- Research the different programs and calls that are available.
- Adapt your project to the requirements of the calls.
- Start preparing your application well in advance.
- Seek expert advice.
Kaila can help you with all of these steps.